About the Program
Partnership for Ag Resource Management (PARM) has developed an incentive program for ag retailers to accelerate customer adoption of cover crops in priority watersheds. Ag retailers in the Blue Earth River Watershed (MN, IA) and Yahara River Watershed (WI) are eligible and can offer customers $15/acre for up to 80 acres, to cover the cost of purchasing cover crop seed. This program is set up for two-years (2019 & 2020) and only applies to growers who are new cover crop users or existing users implementing new acres. Funds for this program are available on a first come, first serve basis. Funding for this program has been provided by the McKnight Foundation.
- Maximum of 80 acres.
- New to using cover crops OR implementing cover crops on new fields (without cover crop history).
- The applied acres cannot be contracted in any other reimbursement programs such as EQIP, SWCD, Stine/Peoples Company, Practical Farmers or others.
- Ag retailer enrollment form.
- Grower enrollment form.
- To ensure field and funding eligibility a grower enrollment form must be submitted no later than August 25, 2019.
- Consult document.
- Following a grower’s enrollment and consultation form must be submitted no later than September 1, 2019.
- Seed Dealer/retailer enrollment form.
- Reimbursement spreadsheet.
- A lump payment will be sent to the seed dealer within 30 days of receiving your monthly reimbursement request.
All participating retailers, seed dealers and growers are expected to participate in a short online survey each year to assist PARM in improving the program for the next growing season.
You will receive a confirmation email when your application has been accepted for this program.