- This event has passed.
Ohio No-Till Conference
December 5 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
The Ohio No-till Conference will be December 5 at Der Dutchman, Plain City. We expect a full house and about 16 exhibitors/sponsors. Program will run from 9 a.m. to about 4 p.m.
Our keynote speaker is Mark Anson of Vincennes, Ind. The Anson family (3 brothers, plus sons) farms 19,000 acres of no-till with cover crops. (Previously, I incorrectly wrote 10,000 acres.) In 8 years, they have planted a total of 75,000 acres of cover crops. His topic: “Healthy Soils, Healthy Waters, Healthy Life.”
Here are our topics and speakers:
- Managing Cover Crops in Spring 2020. Nathan Brause, Cody Beacom, David Brandt, Glenn Harsh, and Eric Niemeyer
- Soil Health, No-till and Cover Crops. Mark Anson, David Brandt, and Jan Layman
- No-till, global warming and Federal Farm Policy. Bill Richards, Fred Yoder, Ben Brown and Allan Lines
- How to Reverse the Impact of Carbon Emissions: Pay Farmers to Bury Them. Darrin Unruh and Sarah Varble of Indigo Ag
- My farm story. Nathan Brause
- NutrientStar: helping advisors and farmers sort through nutrient use efficiency tools. Karen Chapman, Brookside Labs
Awards. The Ohio No-till Council will present awards as follows:
- Educator/Researcher Award: Blanchard River Demo Farms Network. Aaron Heilers
- Business/Industry Awards: Clary Farms; Walnut Creek Seeds; Bird Agronomics
- Outstanding No-Till Farmer: Nathan Brause, Crawford County
Also, four scholarship recipients will be honored.
We expect our events to be interactive, with a lot of discussion, questions, and time for one-on-one with our speakers. Our goal is to answer YOUR questions.
Registration. Two choices: online at https://ohionotillcouncil.com/2019/10/21/december-5-meeting-details/, or mail a check (payable to Ohio No-Till Council) to: Bret Margraf, Seneca Cons. District, 3140 South S.R. 100, Suite D, Tiffin, OH 44883. Register by Nov. 29 for the discount rate of $40.00. It is $60.00 at the door.